RouteConverter Forum

Full Version: speed field always displayed empty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am totally new to Route Converter.
I just started using this app and I noticed that the speed field always remains empty, even when obviously not empty.
Is there some option I need to change? Is this a bug?

Tested with RouteConverter OpenSource Edition 2.30.2 and RouteConverter OpenSource Edition 2.31
on MacOS 12.0.1

GPX files generated by the Speedometer55 Pro (www.blocoware.com) app on iOS 12.5.5
Hi and welcome here Wink

Speeds are obviously stored in your file but I have no clue why RouteConverter does not decode the speed tags.
Christian may require your original file instead of a screenshot to look into it.

But time stamps are recorded and stored in your file and RouteConverter has some abilities...

The following screenshots are from a Windows 10 PC. MAC behaviour should be similar.

A *.gpx file with time stamps but no speed:

[attachment=2471]

Mark positions in the position list:

[attachment=2472]

Choice one: Right mouse click -> a context menu pops up

[attachment=2473]

RouteConverter calculates the average speed between the trackpoints:

[attachment=2474]

Don't forget to save the result on PC when you are pleased with it.

Choice two: Menu 'Position'

[attachment=2470]
(27.11.2021, 04:53)Chibiberu Wrote: [ -> ]I just started using this app and I noticed that the speed field always remains empty, even when obviously not empty.

It could be two options:
  • Speedometer55 Pro doesn't create valid GPX 1.0
  • Or it creates GPX 1.1 and since that doesn't support speed, Speedometer55 Pro creates a new proprietary way to include speed information that RouteConverter doesn't understand yet
I need to have a look at the files to analyze more.
My first analysis: Speedometer55 Pro refers to Garmins Trackpoint Extension version 1 https://www8.garmin.com/xmlschemas/Track...sionv1.xsd which doesn't support speed but it writes speed information like defined in Garmins Trackpoint Extension version 2 https://www8.garmin.com/xmlschemas/Track...sionv2.xsd

And to make it weirder, it writes <speed> elements like in GPX 1.0 but claims the schema to be GPX 1.1 – where <speed> unfortunately doesn't exist.

Argh!

Please send me the file to verify this assumption.