... the user friendly GPS tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help using Linux version please
Hi there, I'm not fluent in Linux but am running ubuntu 10.04. I have downloaded the 32 bit linux jar file and now I am stuck. Where do I find instructions on where to extract the files to and what prerequisites there might be?

Also once I know where to extract the files to, how do I launch the application?

Thanks in advance

Dan
(14.04.2012, 23:43)dimsandwich Wrote: Hi there, I'm not fluent in Linux but am running ubuntu 10.04. I have downloaded the 32 bit linux jar file and now I am stuck. Where do I find instructions on where to extract the files to and what prerequisites there might be?

Hi Dan,

you don't need to extract the files. The RouteConverterLinux.jar contains everything required to run RouteConverter.

(14.04.2012, 23:43)dimsandwich Wrote: Also once I know where to extract the files to, how do I launch the application?

Type

> java -jar RouteConverterLinux.jar

in the console
--
Christian
Thanks Christian, that's perfect. Works like a charm.

Just in case there are other dummies like me out there, I had to download Open JDK Java 6 runtime from the software center. Then I put the Jar file in /home/dan/Documents/Software (just because that's where I wanted to put it, no other reason). Then hit Ctrl-Alt-T and when the terminal opens enter
> java -jar /home/dan/Documents/Software/RouteConverterLinux.jar

And I just added a .png file you can use as an icon on your launcher if you create one

Attached Files Image(s)

Ubuntu 10.4
That command ( ¨java -jar RouteConverterLinux.jar¨) yields ¨Unable to access jarfile RouteCconverterLinux.jar¨.
Hopefully you have some other ideas because RCL looks like just what I need.
Thank you.
(06.08.2013, 19:41)fredf Wrote: That command ( ¨java -jar RouteConverterLinux.jar¨) yields ¨Unable to access jarfile RouteCconverterLinux.jar¨.

That means the RouteConverterLinux.jar is not in the current directory. Maybe it's a typo?
--
Christian
(08.08.2013, 14:57)routeconverter Wrote:
(06.08.2013, 19:41)fredf Wrote: That command ( ¨java -jar RouteConverterLinux.jar¨) yields ¨Unable to access jarfile RouteCconverterLinux.jar¨.

That means the RouteConverterLinux.jar is not in the current directory. Maybe it's a typo?

Yes, I had to add the path to RC, in my case: "java -jar /home/fred/Desktop/RouteConverterLinux.jar". Now it opens like a charm.