... the user friendly GPS tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New features wishlist.
(Is there a special thread or sub category where this topic fits better than here? Couldn't find it.. Please advice me or move this thread in that case.)

First I have to say, great program. Best there is Smile

I have used routeconverter a while and have made up some thoughts about what would make this even better (for my part):
- Arrow keys will always control the position list, even if I click on a point on the map.
- When deleting points in the middle of a track the map doesn't readjust itself.
- A button that merge tracks, when a file contains more than one track.
(11.12.2012, 10:22)Ciryaher Wrote: (Is there a special thread or sub category where this topic fits better than here? Couldn't find it.. Please advice me or move this thread in that case.)

There is no special thread for this. But to optimize you could split up your wishes to one per thread with a meaningful title.

(11.12.2012, 10:22)Ciryaher Wrote: First I have to say, great program. Best there is Smile

Thank you.

(11.12.2012, 10:22)Ciryaher Wrote: - Arrow keys will always control the position list, even if I click on a point on the map.

I've tried and miserably failed to achieve this. For the programmers: the map is not a native Java Swing component, but an external process (IE on Windows) that is wrapped in a Eclipse SWT component which in turn is wrapped in a DJNative Swing component. It's a miracle to me why this works ;-)

(11.12.2012, 10:22)Ciryaher Wrote: - When deleting points in the middle of a track the map doesn't readjust itself.

Please provide me with a test file and a detailed description how to reproduce this.

(11.12.2012, 10:22)Ciryaher Wrote: - A button that merge tracks, when a file contains more than one track.

That's already there: select a track and a position and then choose Positionlist->Merge...->the name of the track you'd like to merge
--
Christian
(11.12.2012, 13:50)routeconverter Wrote:
(11.12.2012, 10:22)Ciryaher Wrote: - When deleting points in the middle of a track the map doesn't readjust itself.

Please provide me with a test file and a detailed description how to reproduce this.
If I zoom in on a track and delete a point, the map resets it self to show the whole track. (Also tested in current version 2.9) If there are several positions I want to delete I have to zoom in to the point for every time I press delete. (Sorry for bad explanation. Mabye I should take a screen capture of it..)

This can't be the way its supposed to work. I guess I have to look through the options again in case I have overseen something.
(02.07.2013, 12:05)Ciryaher Wrote: This can't be the way its supposed to work.

You're right. And it used to work until I've optimized RouteConverter for very large tracks. That broke the usability at several places. I have uploaded a new prerelease that brings back the 2.8 behaviour where a selected position remains in the map section even after zooming when you've enabled the option "Center map after zooming". Please test and report.
--
Christian