... the user friendly GPS tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't launch RouteConverter
Hello,

After having used RouteConverter successfully for over a year, everything seems to have gone pear shaped. The programme mysteriously disappeared from my computer and I can't install the new version. When I try to open a gpx file, I get an error message that says " JAR resources in JNLP file are not signed by same certificate". I have no idea what this means.
Can anyone please tell me what to do? I have to confess that it really does not help that I have limited computer skills. Thank you in advance.
Diane
(09.06.2013, 11:45)Diane Wrote: When I try to open a gpx file, I get an error message that says " JAR resources in JNLP file are not signed by same certificate". I have no idea what this means.

Something went wrong with the latest update - and I have no clue why some people are affected and others don't. To fix the problem, you have to clear the Java Webstart Cache. This is explained in detail here.
--
Christian
Christian, you are a genius. I have followed the instructions, have no idea what I have done but it works. Route Converter is brilliant! Thank you so much for making it available to all of us. Hope you have some time left to go walking.

Diane
(10.06.2013, 10:23)routeconverter Wrote:
(09.06.2013, 11:45)Diane Wrote: When I try to open a gpx file, I get an error message that says " JAR resources in JNLP file are not signed by same certificate". I have no idea what this means.

Something went wrong with the latest update - and I have no clue why some people are affected and others don't. To fix the problem, you have to clear the Java Webstart Cache. This is explained in detail here.

It solved the problem and now it restartd. But when clicking on the GPX files that shows it routeconverter icon (from the previous installation)it now prompts me to choose an app to run with. I lost the old thread. How can I fix that?
(25.06.2013, 20:26)berle Wrote: How can I fix that?

Reconnecting extensions to a WebStart app? I have no idea.

Try to remove the RouteConverter WebStart app and the binding of .gpx to the RouteConverter WebStart app and then start over again.

Alternatively, you could download an exe and bind it to .gpx
--
Christian