... the user friendly GPS tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
moving selected positions individually
I have been using Routeconverter with great pleasure for a couple of years to edit my GPS tracks.

Since release 2.6 dragging a position on the map results in moving all the selected positions. However, I prefer to move all the selected positions individually. Therefore, I used an older version of Routeconverter. Since 19 November, Google has abandoned V2 of the Google maps API, so the old Routeconverter versions do not work anymore.

This is why I kindly ask to consider to reintroduce the possibility to enable to move selected positions individually, not necessarily by default, but as an option.
(26.11.2013, 21:15)Marcel Wrote: This is why I kindly ask to consider to reintroduce the possibility to enable to move selected positions individually, not necessarily by default, but as an option.

When I've extended the functionality in 2.6, I found it a pretty good idea for the following reasons:
  • makes the UI more consistent since all operations - from the context menu, drag and drop on the list, buttons, menu bar - work on the set of selected positions
  • the use case to correct track logs where the track logger sometimes records with an offset seemed valid
Please explain what you're doing and why you're selecting a set of positions but want to move only one of them? I simply don't understand the use case behind and have the slight feeling that some different functionality is missing.
--
Christian
Yes, I see the point of making the UI more consistent and correcting an offset for all selected points.

However, I would like to correct all the positions individually to an accuracy which is greater than that of the track logger. This used to be possible in the previous releases by selecting a number of positions and moving them individually (i.e. one-by-one without moving them all together). In the latest releases I need to select and then move each position one by one (i.e. select a position from the list or in the map, move it to the correct loaction, select a next position, move, etc.), which is much more time consuming.

More generally, I would need an edit-mode in which you can click any position (displayed using a symbol) in the map and drag it to the correct location.

I hope I have been clear enough in my description. Thanks for your attention,
Marcel
(27.11.2013, 17:05)Marcel Wrote: More generally, I would need an edit-mode in which you can click any position (displayed using a symbol) in the map and drag it to the correct location.

Do you know the pages about how to select the closest position and the map operations like pressing 's'?

(27.11.2013, 17:05)Marcel Wrote: I hope I have been clear enough in my description.

I guess I now understand your problem. Would it help if each position had a very small icon that helps to speed up the dragging since it avoids the selection click?
--
Christian
(27.11.2013, 17:22)routeconverter Wrote: Do you know the pages about how to select the closest position and the map operations like pressing 's'?
Yes. I usually select the position by clicking on the track line in the map. However, sometimes the positions are difficult to find and then I have to select a next position from the list.

(27.11.2013, 17:22)routeconverter Wrote: I guess I now understand your problem. Would it help if each position had a very small icon that helps to speed up the dragging since it avoids the selection click?
This would certainly help.
I've just uploaded a prerelease version that supports a hidden feature. When you add the following Windows Registry key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\slash\navigation\converter\gui\mapview]
"move/Complete/Selection"="false"

Then Drag-and-drops on the map just move the position on which you've pressed the mouse button. Please test if this brings back the pre-2.6 behaviour to you.
--
Christian
(02.12.2013, 08:04)routeconverter Wrote: I've just uploaded a prerelease version that supports a hidden feature.

This works absolutely fine. Many thanks for this!!