... the user friendly GPS tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
beginners instructions
Hi, I'm new here, and needing help. I've created some 25 routes in MapPoint with anywhere from 25 to 80 pushpins. I exported them to .gpx format, and now I would like to import them into CoPilot Premium on a Galaxy Note Tab. I understand that they need to be converted to .trp format, but that's where I stall out.
I've accessed the RC software from my desktop, but this is all new to me. I can't find any instructions in the help section, & I'm lost as to how to proceed at the most basic level. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? How to use the software, any tips for what I'm trying to do (or am I attempting the impossible?)
There is probably a thread with basic instructions but I haven't been able to find it yet. Thanks lots.

Me again, I'm wondering if I've got a basic problem getting the program loaded right... I get no map picture up (like I'm now seeing in other screen shots of CP), just a box with Convert & Browse tabs, and I can't seem to find any way or option to convert between formats.
Any help for me will have to be simple & basic Smile
Thanks
(14.01.2014, 23:05)terrilynn Wrote: Hi, I'm new here, and needing help. I've created some 25 routes in MapPoint with anywhere from 25 to 80 pushpins. I exported them to .gpx format, and now I would like to import them into CoPilot Premium on a Galaxy Note Tab. I understand that they need to be converted to .trp format, but that's where I stall out.

And then you have to get it into CoPilot on your tablet. Via Mail? Or Dropbox? Or connected via USB into the filesystem? Or via a SD card?
--
Christian
And then you have to get it into CoPilot on your tablet. Via Mail? Or Dropbox? Or connected via USB into the filesystem? Or via a SD card?
[/quote]

Via usb cable, hooked to the computer. My real challenge has been to find a way to convert to .trp. Any help will be appreciated, though.
Hi.

the output format can be specified in menu 'File' -> 'Save as...' immediately before saving a file.

Four different Copilot *.trp formats can be selected in the 'Files of type' selector.
--
Matthias