... the user friendly GPS tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac version: no google map
Hello,

I have used your application a lot under Windows; now that I switched to MacOS I'd like to keep using it. However the Mac version does not display the map. Is it a planned feature for future versions?

Thank you very much for the time and effort you spend in maintaining this fantastic app!

Silviu
Hi Silviu,

actually a user managed to get the map running in the MacOS version, but the patches required to JDIC and RouteConverter broke the Windows and the Linux version. Since I didn't want to fork the development and I don't own a Mac, there is currently no map for Mac OS. If you'd like to make it work again - feel free the check out the code and provide patches.
--
Christian
OK I see. Then I'll just roll in a fetal position and weep until someone who knows Java releases a pre-compiled version of RouteConverter, or at least a binary version of jdic 0.9.3.

Silviu
Silviu Wrote:OK I see. Then I'll just roll in a fetal position and weep until someone who knows Java releases a pre-compiled version of RouteConverter, or at least a binary version of jdic 0.9.3.
Or I will use myTracks that I just discovered: http://mytracks.sourceforge.net/Home.html

Silviu
(22.12.2008, 19:55)Silviu Wrote: OK I see. Then I'll just roll in a fetal position and weep until someone who knows Java releases a pre-compiled version of RouteConverter, or at least a binary version of jdic 0.9.3.

Hi Silviu,

you might want to try the latest RouteConverterMacSWT.jar from the prerelease page. Does it work for you?
--
Christian
(24.07.2009, 15:03)routeconverter Wrote: Hi Silviu,

you might want to try the latest RouteConverterMacSWT.jar from the prerelease page. Does it work for you?

Hi,

Thank you very much for keeping me posted. I did try both versions but they have problems:
- the JDIC version starts OK but I can never display or see the map. I can open a GPX file and see the point list but I can't make the map appear.
- the SWT version only displays a large, grey and empty panel. There is no UI element showing at all...

I'm using MacOS X (10.5.7).

Regards,
Silviu
(03.08.2009, 21:39)Silviu Wrote: - the SWT version only displays a large, grey and empty panel. There is no UI element showing at all...

Hi Silviu,

then it seems that the Eclipse developers did not finish their work at the web browser component in the SWT 3.5 release. Maybe some wizard can fix this?
--
Christian