... the user friendly GPS tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Convert .axe to .itf ?
Is there any way to convert MS Autoroute 2007 files (.axe) to Archos5 GPS files (.itf) or viceversa?
Hi a2b,

unfortunately, MS Autoroute 2007 cannot be read reliably and as RouteConverter supports MS Autoroute through gpsbabel it depends on the progress there. Have you tried some of your .axe files?

Regarding Archos5 GPS files: how does that format look like? Do you have documentation or samples?
--
Christian
McGuider uses .itf files too. Would be very handy having support for those. Can generate some ITF from TomTom ITN files. Or search on Gpspassion, there's a tool called ITN2ITF.EXE that allows you to generate anything you need. Would be great having it all-in-one avoiding to jump back & forth between applications.
(20.08.2009, 19:55)BlueNinja Wrote: Can generate some ITF from TomTom ITN files.

Please do that and attach them with a zip here in the forum.

(20.08.2009, 19:55)BlueNinja Wrote: Or search on Gpspassion, there's a tool called ITN2ITF.EXE that allows you to generate anything you need. Would be great having it all-in-one avoiding to jump back & forth between applications.

Which other applications are you using?
--
Christian
Hello again,

I have generated some samples. I have included the ITN as wel as the ITF and for one of the routes I have included the GPX as well as that was where I had to start from with routeconverter. For the second route I already had the ITN lying around (think this one was converted from GDB using the program Tyre but it's been too long ago).

Then I converted them all using ITN2ITF.EXE. The resulting files load & simulate just fine in my GPS unit (Nokia 5800 XpressMusic with Sygic McGuider v7.71 Build 3630 D).

In terms of tools; abroad trips I usually do with my brother-in-law and he has a Garmin GPSMAP 276. However usully I build the routes and I'm quite fond of Autoroute Express 2006 as offline tool. Then I need to convert to Garmin where I build a multi-route GDB based on exported GPX route files. So far I've done most of my conversion work using ITNConv but then I found Routeconverter to run it on my Linux-only laptop.

Regards,

Attached Files
.zip   ITN_ITF_Samples.zip (Size: 4.64 KB / Downloads: 708)
(20.08.2009, 21:10)routeconverter Wrote: Or search on Gpspassion, there's a tool called ITN2ITF.EXE that allows you to generate anything you need. Would be great having it all-in-one avoiding to jump back & forth between applications.

Tried it, but it doesn't work on my machine - VB6FR.dll might point to some reference to a french VisualBasic library:

--
Christian
(22.08.2009, 09:58)BlueNinja Wrote: I have generated some samples. I have included the ITN as wel as the ITF and for one of the routes I have included the GPX as well as that was where I had to start from with routeconverter. For the second route I already had the ITN lying around (think this one was converted from GDB using the program Tyre but it's been too long ago).

Hi BlueNinja,

thank you very much for the files - unfortunately, they're binary coded and without source code and/or documentation that takes a lot of time to implement it so that I usually stay away from supporting it. If you're willing to reverse engineer the format and provide Java code to integrate it, I'd be happy to integrate it in RouteConverter.
--
Christian
(23.08.2009, 16:58)routeconverter Wrote: Hi BlueNinja,

thank you very much for the files - unfortunately, they're binary coded and without source code and/or documentation that takes a lot of time to implement it so that I usually stay away from supporting it. If you're willing to reverse engineer the format and provide Java code to integrate it, I'd be happy to integrate it in RouteConverter.

I'm afraid that submitting Java code is a bridge too far for me. Reverse engineering the format ... well I think I may have a go at that.
(24.08.2009, 10:45)BlueNinja Wrote: Reverse engineering the format ... well I think I may have a go at that.

Fine. That increases the likelyhood that .itf can be supported.
--
Christian