... the user friendly GPS tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trackpoints not shown
I've just downloaded and tried RouteConverter.  I like it that it's a single jar file with no external dependencies.  I created a test gpx file using GPS Logger on Android.  Opening this in RouteConverter, I get the four waypoints I created, but no trackpoints.  I don't necessarily need a list of every trackpoint, but I do want the route plotted on the map to show where I went.  It's just showing straight lines between each waypoint, and I can't find a setting that takes the actual route travelled into account.
Could you please zip and attach said GPX file?
Grüße
Hans

(03.07.2023, 08:13)nordlicht Wrote: Could you please zip and attach said GPX file?
Thanks Hans - attached.  Also a screenshot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   20230702-124654.gpx.zip (Size: 81.11 KB / Downloads: 81)
(02.07.2023, 18:24)grepnok Wrote: I've just downloaded and tried RouteConverter.  I like it that it's a single jar file with no external dependencies.  I created a test gpx file using GPS Logger on Android.  Opening this in RouteConverter, I get the four waypoints I created, but no trackpoints.  I don't necessarily need a list of every trackpoint, but I do want the route plotted on the map to show where I went.  It's just showing straight lines between each waypoint, and I can't find a setting that takes the actual route travelled into account.

@grepnok Click the pulldown triangle on the right of "Position List". RouteConverter uses different views for viewpoints and tracks. Unfortunately, the viewpoints are shown first.

Wilfried :)
What Wilfried said:

Quote:Unfortunately, the viewpoints are shown first.

No. RouteConverter just complies with the GPX Spec.
Grüße
Hans

Thank you both.

I can now list all 4421 trackpoint positions.  And if I click on any of them I get a marker.  If I select all I get 4421 markers - not very pretty.

I was hoping for something like the red line in the Maperitive screenshot attached.

Maybe RouteConvert is not the right tool for this task.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Unmark all trackpoints and RouteConverter will show you the trackline, you can set its colour and transparency in the Extras->Options menu. If you download and use the latest prerelease of RouteConverter you can also comfortably set the linewidth in the same menu.
Grüße
Hans

(03.07.2023, 10:32)grepnok Wrote: If I select all I get 4421 markers - not very pretty.

Just for curiosity: Why did you select all? I normally select either a single track point or (rarely) just a part of the track.
Wilfried :)
I selected all because it was the only way I could get each trackpoint shown. If I selected none or one I only got the dotted blue straight lines between each waypoint.

If I go to Extras/Options/Colors and change the colours, on restarting I see the track line. I'll need the prerelease to make the line narrower.

This was just to try out the process with a random gpx file. My normal use will be to plot guided tours and calculate their length, when I will probably need to edit and select part(s) of tracks.