... the user friendly GPS tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After 1.28.15
As there are now two versions of the Prerelease, both exe and jar flavours, pray tell me what those initials added to differentiate the two mean, and which I should be downloading... I hesitate to guess what is meant and what the differences might be, and I see nothing on the prerelease web page to tell me what is new and resulted in this two flavour choice I need to look at.

HELP!!!! <grin>
(28.07.2009, 02:59)RsH Wrote: As there are now two versions of the Prerelease, both exe and jar flavours, pray tell me what those initials added to differentiate the two mean, and which I should be downloading...

Isn't it obvious?
  • Windows means Windows
  • 64 bit means 64 bit versions of Windows
  • *.exe means the standard Windows binary format
  • *.jar means the Java Archive format (which is useful if you start the program with java -jar on the console as you get more output)
  • JDIC means is using the Sun Java Desktop Integration Component library to integrate the map (like always)
  • SWT means is using Eclipse SWT to integrate the map (the probably new way to do it)

Yes, I'd like to have only one version but for testing it's really helpful to have more than one.
--
Christian