... the user friendly GPS tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Date and Time Zone probs
When opening a GPX or PLT (Ozi explorer) file my dates and times of the route travelled are incorect. I am guessing that it is time zone related. If I add my offset to the GMT it would be correct.
I was originally using the windows version (XP system), but the java version has the same problem. I have check my time zone in Windows and everything looks fine.
The files are created using DG Manager from a portable GPS logger. The GPS files if converted to a format for Oziexplorer are correct, so the offset must be correct, however Routeconverter is using the GMT time.
How can I change this?
I have searched through the forums and googled but cannot find any answer.. thanks in advance.
(04.08.2009, 10:03)squidoz Wrote: When opening a GPX or PLT (Ozi explorer) file my dates and times of the route travelled are incorect. I am guessing that it is time zone related. If I add my offset to the GMT it would be correct.

So the displayed date and time is GMT and you would expect the local time?

(04.08.2009, 10:03)squidoz Wrote: The files are created using DG Manager from a portable GPS logger. The GPS files if converted to a format for Oziexplorer are correct, so the offset must be correct, however Routeconverter is using the GMT time.

I implemented it like this since the GPX schema says "Creation/modification timestamp for element. Date and time in are in Univeral Coordinated Time (UTC), not local time! Conforms to ISO 8601 specification for date/time representation. Fractional seconds are allowed for millisecond timing in tracklogs. "
--
Christian