... the user friendly GPS tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prepare a route for IGO8
hi,
I w'd like prepare a route, with the Windows-PC, for IGO8 on Mio C250+.

I think to this way/steps:
a) prepare the route with Google.maps (more user frendly than with the nav) ,
b) export route to .kml file
c) with routeconverter convert it in to ?? format
d) export file to nav in to folder ?

Someone can me help, to found a solution to my problem ?

Thanks in advance !!!!!!!!
Luciana
Hi Luciana,

you'll have problems with step c) since IGO8 uses a binary format. See the faq for an explanation.
--
Christian
There is a way to get Routes into the igo8.
I tested it and for me it works fine.
First you have to create the following directories in the ig8-directory on your sd-card: \iGO8\CONTENT\USERDATA\ROUTE
If you now copy .kml (e.g. Google-Earth) in Version 4 or 4.2 into the new "ROUTE" directory then the route will be imported automatically at igo8 starts. Please do not forget to check the optionbox for "saving as route, track and waypointlist", like it is done in the attachment.
The imported rout appears in light grey and it is recommended to open it and to save it as newroute. Then you can delete the imported one.
As I said, I tested it an it works fine.
LG

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

zwillingman Wrote:There is a way to get Routes into the igo8.
I tested it and for me it works fine.
First you have to create the following directories in the ig8-directory on your sd-card: \iGO8\CONTENT\USERDATA\ROUTE
If you now copy .kml (e.g. Google-Earth) in Version 4 or 4.2 into the new "ROUTE" directory then the route will be imported automatically at igo8 starts. Please do not forget to check the optionbox for "saving as route, track and waypointlist", like it is done in the attachment.
The imported rout appears in light grey and it is recommended to open it and to save it as newroute. Then you can delete the imported one.
As I said, I tested it an it works fine.
LG
Hi zwillingman,
Thanks for your replay..i'm a lot interested to you way (like my previus post Big Grin )
After a first reading of yuor post i have this question:

where/that sistem you used to create the routes (before export)?

Thanks !!!!!
Luciana
just in case anyone wanted any POI's for there IGO8 go here it is the dogs www.poiplaza.com
(05.09.2008, 07:35)zwillingman Wrote: Please do not forget to check the optionbox for "saving as route, track and waypointlist", like it is done in the attachment.

I don't have the optionbox.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(19.04.2009, 12:05)JAD Wrote: I don't have the optionbox.

Hi JAD,

welcome in the RouteConverter Forum.

The checkbox does not appear, because you already have track & waypoint list in your file.

See attached pic:
Just open the Position list, select either track or waypoint list and delete the selected with the red "X" to see the checkbox.
[attachment=156]

Best regards,
Mathew
--
Matthias
(05.09.2008, 07:35)zwillingman Wrote: There is a way to get Routes into the igo8.
[...] create the following directories in the ig8-directory on your sd-card: \iGO8\CONTENT\USERDATA\ROUTE
[...]

Thanks for this exlanation, it works great for me Smile

Is there also a way to get tracks into IGO? (I tried a \TRACK subdirectory instead of ROUTE but that didn't work).

The problem using routes in my case is that I only want to display the track (as a line), and when converted to a route it contains hundreds of little flags in IGO (the waypoints)...

Thanks again,

Werner
Thank you, this sollution works fine
Hi!

I know this is a bit old, but i just got IGO Myway on my HTC wildfire and I tried to addroutes as explained above, but it doesnt work for me. What can I be doing wrong? Can someone explain in detail how to make it work please.

Thanks!

P.S.:The version i got is iGO My way 8.4.2.139242