... the user friendly GPS tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waypoint numbering
Smile 
Hi Christian
With routeconverter ( I might add is the best around) I create new routes from scratch, convert/modify recorded tracks or Garmin files to routes that I can use in Mapfactor Navigator ( no longer using OsmAnd).

Mapfactor announces waypoints simply as "Waypoint ONE reached", "Waypoint TWO reached" etc.... 

RouteConverter facility to number the waypoints starts from the starting position as waypoint one. Mapfactor starts the announcement from the first waypoint after the start position.

I can see that both in a way are right but it does create some confusion ( easy for me to get confused  Rolleyes ) - for example if during a ride I find that a waypoint has to be moved, added or deleted for one reason or another I have to remember to convert the waypoint announcement to the actual routing waypoint in the file.

This is not a show stopper but I managed to create more problems to myself by deleting, moving the wrong waypoint Sad .

Is there anyway that the numbering can apply to a range of waypoints - ie highlight from second to the last one waypoint or the one before.

What do you think , easy to do?

Many Thanks
(18.07.2015, 15:24)Stav Wrote: Is there anyway that the numbering can apply to a range of waypoints - ie highlight from second to the last one waypoint or the one before.
What do you think , easy to do?

Yes. It's already implemented: select the positions to number. The call Position->Complete->Number
--
Christian
Sorry, I dont think I made it very clear. 

I can select a range but the numbering counts from the start position - see below

This is what I get

North Crawley
02 Wharley End
03 Wharley End
04 Wharley End
05 Salford
06 Salford
07 Woburn Sands
08 Woburn Sands
09 Woburn
Woburn
Tyrells End
Milton Bryan

This is what I am looking ..

North Crawley   ---- Ignore the starting location
01 Wharley End
02 Wharley End
03 Wharley End
04 Salford
05 Salford
06 Woburn Sands
07 Woburn Sands
08 Woburn
Woburn
Tyrells End
Milton Bryan

The main thing for me is to be able to start numbering from the second location starting with the number one.

Thanks
Stav
(20.07.2015, 16:08)Stav Wrote: The main thing for me is to be able to start numbering from the second location starting with the number one.

Hi Stav,

I understand the use case but simply changing the current logic means that it won't be possible to renumber with the absolute position number from the beginning of the list... something I liked when driving with my TomTom.

Do you have an idea how to solve this?
--
Christian
Hi Christian,
As more than likely a lot of people like like it to start the numbering from the start of the list then it wouldn't be fair to take it away from them.

I would suggest adding it as another option in the list - ie " Choose numbering starting position " or just as an option to start from the second item on the list ( just being selfish here :-) )

What do you think, too much trouble?
Hi Stav & Christian,

idea: Hidden option (registry key) start_numbering_with with options 0 and 1 where the default should be 1.
--
Matthias
Nice ideas. How about a hidden option absoluteNumbering which is on by default? Turning it off would mean, that numbers are relative to the first selected position.
--
Christian
Great ! It works for me !!

A stupid question - as a hidden option does it mean that can only be toggled on/off via the registry or via the menu as well
(22.07.2015, 08:23)Stav Wrote: Great ! It works for me !!

A stupid question - as a hidden option does it mean that can only be toggled on/off via the registry or via the menu as well

Cool, you had it before I implemented it?

Please try the latest prerelease that I've just uploaded. It contains an option under Extras/Options...
I leave it to you to figure out which one it is to see whether it's name could be improved.

Does it work for you?
--
Christian
It does work for me, just managed to catch a glimpse before it crashed.

Please note that I had similar crashes with the previous pre-release version yesterday.

I updated to the latest Java but problem remains

Report log created by Java

"A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x4cf70cc2, pid=3124, tid=10540
#
# JRE version: Java™ SE Runtime Environment (8.0_51-b16) (build 1.8.0_51-b16)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot™ Client VM (25.51-b03 mixed mode windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C [jfxwebkit.dll+0xa10cc2]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
"

Anybody else had similar issue?