... the user friendly GPS tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Route Converter Online
Good morning,

I was using RouteConverter via Webstart but that now fails to start. I understand that this feature has been removed.

I then downloaded RouteConverter Online, version 2.21 or maybe 2.22. This was working fine last week with Java 8 v161 on my MacBook Pro, running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.5 Beta (17F45c).

I was prompted to download and use v2.23, so I downloaded it and now my .ov2 file won't open. The programme goes through the motions and even says in the banner that the file is open, but no POI list appears.

The file opens correctly in RouteConverter Offline v2.22.

I've also noticed that I'm now running Java 8 v171, which might be a contributory factor.

I'd like to get the online version working again, as I like the accuracy of being able to pinpoint the POI positions using the satellite view.

Do you have any suggestions please?
(28.04.2018, 10:32)TomTomTim Wrote: Do you have any suggestions please?

Actually, I don't understand your problem. A .ov2 file opens in the 2.23 Offline Edition but not the Online Edition? Seems very unlikely to me. In any case, it helps to send me the file(s) and explain how to reproduce the problem with them.
--
Christian
(28.04.2018, 15:39)routeconverter Wrote:
(28.04.2018, 10:32)TomTomTim Wrote: Do you have any suggestions please?

Actually, I don't understand your problem. A .ov2 file opens in the 2.23 Offline Edition but not the Online Edition? Seems very unlikely to me. In any case, it helps to send me the file(s) and explain how to reproduce the problem with them.

MY .ov2 file will open in 2.22 offline version and 2.22 online version. It will NOT open in 2.23 online version. I haven't tried it in 2.23 offline version. I will email you the file and some screenshots.
(29.04.2018, 13:43)TomTomTim Wrote: MY .ov2 file will open in 2.22 offline version and 2.22 online version. It will NOT open in 2.23 online version. I haven't tried it in 2.23 offline version. I will email you the file and some screenshots.

I've switched from GPSBabel 1.4.4 to 1.5.4 between RouteConverter 2.22 and 2.23. I guess it might be the reason for your problems.

PLease send me the file and I'll have a look.
--
Christian