... the user friendly GPS tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
~/.routeconverter
Hello,

Is there a way to change the location of the ressources directory (aka ~/.routeconverter) ?

I'm using a macbook with an internal SSD which is small, so, I would like to move a maximum of things on an external disk.

I saw that it is possible to specify alternative directories for maps, for elevation files, etc., but for some, it don't works correctly (i.e. for BRouter files), and may be, in my case, it would be more easy to move all the ressource directory in one place.

Best regards

(PS : another solution than a soft or hard link which is not so good for an external/removable device)
(26.03.2019, 12:34)tybern Wrote: Is there a way to change the location of the ressources directory (aka ~/.routeconverter) ?

Yes, there are hidden options. For the Windows Registry it's

Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\slash\common\io]
"application/Directory"="%USERPROFILE%\.routeconverter"

Please consult the FAQ to adapt that for macOS.
--
Christian
OK, thanks.

So, if I understood well (command "defaults read slash.common.io" gives nothing, I suppose RouteConverter takes internal defaults), I must do in Terminal :

"defaults write slash.common.io "/slash/common/io/" -dict-add "applicationDirectory" "/myPreferredPath/" ?

Is there also an hidden option for the track width (in pixels ?) : I have a friend (with a Windows PC), with a 4K screen, and the track is very very thin.
(however, may be it could be great to have an no-hidden option for track and route width, like we have for color).

Best regards,
(29.03.2019, 17:35)tybern Wrote: So, if I understood well (command "defaults read slash.common.io" gives nothing, I suppose RouteConverter takes internal defaults), I must do in Terminal :

"defaults write slash.common.io "/slash/common/io/" -dict-add "applicationDirectory" "/myPreferredPath/"    ?

Yes

(29.03.2019, 17:35)tybern Wrote: Is there also an hidden option for the track width (in pixels ?)

Yes

Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\slash\navigation\mapview\mapsforge]
"track/Line/Width"="2"
"route/Line/Width"="5"
--
Christian
OK, thanks.

Is this key (slash.common.io) private to RouteConverter, or a common ressource for all java apps ?
(30.03.2019, 16:13)tybern Wrote: Is this key (slash.common.io) private to RouteConverter

Yes
--
Christian