... the user friendly GPS tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shifting a group of markers or positions at once
Hello Routeconverter team,

I am located in China.
Would it be possible to mark a certain number of positions in the right side list and then open a windows to input an offset value X & Y to recalculate longitude and latitude to correct these track positioning or the complete track? Or alternatively, select a group of markers on the map area and drag them at once to a more accurate position?

Background is that I can't get an API code for google with a chinese VISA card, ... why ever.
But the maps of Google are much more detailed in China then other maps. So I import tracks made with google mymaps and there is the offset all time.
Now I determine the offset figure and take everytime losts of efforts by export CSV -> calculating the offset out by excel -> reimport the track data.

Any chance to implement the above mentioned function/window? Or any easy trick or hidden function?

Thanks for consideration.

ShuBen
(05.11.2019, 10:04)Shuben Wrote: Hello Routeconverter team, I am located in China.

Hello ShuBen to China!

(05.11.2019, 10:04)Shuben Wrote: Would it be possible to mark a certain number of positions in the right side list and then open a windows to input an offset value X & Y to recalculate longitude and latitude to correct these track positioning or the complete track? Or alternatively, select a group of markers on the map area and drag them at once to a more accurate position?

In the Google Edition, I've implemented the following features:
  • An option Extras/Options/Maps/Fix map for China to automatically transform the coordinates of maps in an area longitude < 72.004 || longitude > 137.8347 and latitude < 0.8293 || latitude > 55.8271
  • Support for dragging all selected positions on the map
Unfortunately, the Open Source Edition does not support both of these features. But this could be changed... I'd need your help for that.

(05.11.2019, 10:04)Shuben Wrote: Any chance to implement the above mentioned function/window? Or any easy trick or hidden function?

There's no easy trick. Would you be willing to test? And provide a test track along well know rivers or streets or landmarks to check if the map transformation works correctly?
--
Christian
Hi Christian,

thanks for the prompt response. Yes, of course I am willing to participate.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zir3j757zevmd...7iE4a?dl=0

Here the link where I saved 6 pics that explain how I deal with the offset currently.
Also find the original KML file as well as the GPX file with two tracks (original and corrected).
The result is not perfect but suits my needs as I use the files as base to add offroad sections via track points by checking the satellite maps.

Let me know whether that helps or let me know and I will send more details.

Regards
ShuBen
(06.11.2019, 06:09)Shuben Wrote: Let me know whether that helps or let me know and I will send more details.

Hi ShuBen,

this helps a lot. Thank you for the fast response!

I've done the first step by porting the "Google China Fix Map Mode" to the Open Source Edition. It solves that problem if the data is correct but the map is distorted. Please download the latest prerelease which I've just uploaded. It tries to correct the map offset for Google Maps for the routing on the map for China. See my screenshots attached which I've made without any manual intervention with the latest prerelease.

Please check it out, play around with Extras/Options/Maps/Fix map for China to see if the heuristics applied work in most of the cases and give feedback.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--
Christian
Hi Christian,

i have reviewed the PRE version. Maybe we have a misunderstanding. I can switch the map positioning as you can see pics 7 to 11.
But then the offset in the track which I copied from external source is still there. (Google mymaps -> exp. KML -> into Google earth -> copy Google earth track info -> into Routeconverter) .
Thats why I would need a way to either shift the whole track by dragging to correct satellite position or have a window where i can input a figure X & Y which will be used to recalculate the coordinates to correct values so that the track is finally at real position in satellite map (see the red dots in pic 11, the track should shift to the crossroad)

When I just load the KML directly into routeconverter it has only two points and a route is calculated. But this calculation misses a lot of small road information that exist in the google routing.
That is the reason why I import the thousands of track points.

I sent a test GPX file with two tracks, 1 taken unmodified from Google, 1 that I have recalulated. You can see that the coordinates of points with same number have changed. (I used point 59 & 60 as references for calculation)

Regards
Shuben

PS: my response might take a while as I am out next few days.

(06.11.2019, 15:00)Shuben Wrote: i have reviewed the PRE version. Maybe we have a misunderstanding.

Yes, I said I'm going to implement this in two steps. This first step fixes the distortion of the google maps for China, i.e. the GPS coordinates are correct, but the map is shifted southeast.

(06.11.2019, 15:00)Shuben Wrote: But then the offset in the track which I copied from external source is still there. (Google mymaps -> exp. KML -> into Google earth -> copy Google earth track info -> into Routeconverter) .

This is the second step: shift distored data. It is realized with the second step which I've just uploaded as a prerelease. With it, you can select multiple positions and drag-and-drop them in one step with the same offset.

Please test and report.
--
Christian
OK, tested.
For the track (4642 points) I had send to you it works well. Attached see the screenshots (before / after moving) from the end of the track that I dragged and where the start point has moved. Somewhere in between there are some deviations but its max 20m - 50m. That is no issue, at least for me.
I guess its caused by the map precision. (?)

I found best is to drag a point in the middle of the section/group of points you want to move.
Let me know what further testing is required.

Shuben

IMHO there is no more testing needed.
--
Christian
Christian,
thanks a lot for implementing the feature. Its incredible helpful!