... the user friendly GPS tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto-naming of trackpoints
Hello,
 I use RouteConverter since several years. I am currently using RouteConverterMacOpenSource v 2.27.95. I found that it names (in fact it numbers) automatically the track point of a gpx.file. Let me give an example.
The file that I open with RC contains a list or trackpoints like :
<trkpt lat="42.987036919" lon="2.452800935">
<ele>640</ele>
When I save the file, each of theses points is named (or numbered) as :
<trkpt lat="42.9870369" lon="2.4528009">
<ele>640.0</ele>
<name>Position 1</name>
Apart from coordinates and elevation, RC adds the name of each track point. It happens to be a real drawback. Indeed some navigation softwares add, upon the trace, a mark for each track point as it does for waypoints. May question is:
Is it possible to prevent RC to number or to name track points ?

Thank you for considering my question ?
Hi and welcome here...

You might play around with menu point Extras -> Options -> Number positions with pattern

Besides: Nice area... reminds me to a nice motorbike trip, 12 years ago...

--
Matthias
(13.03.2020, 18:50)kumo Wrote: Hi and welcome here...

You might play around with menu point Extras -> Options -> Number positions with pattern

Besides: Nice area... reminds me to a nice motorbike trip, 12 years ago...
Hello, thanks for replying. I had already tried to change theses options. I retried systematically the various options doing 4 tests:
- Number only.
- Description only.
- Number directly followed by description.
- Number, space then description number only.
The saved files happen to be strictly the same. Each trackpoint is numbered as <name>Position _</name>
Should be a bug.
Hi,

here it works as designed:

I set three points while keeping [CTRL] button pressed and setting points on the map with left mouse button.
Then I changed the setting for the next three points. And so on. The result is shown in the screenshot above.

Keep in mind that this function takes effect when a new position is set but NOT when a file is saved.

Edit: And here the same in a area where geocoding is possible (above example was at island of Spitsbergen)

--
Matthias
There are a hidden options to avoid writing aspects of GPX waypoints:

Quote:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\slash\navigation\gpx]
"write/Accuracy"="true"
"write/Elevation"="true"
"write/Extensions"="true"
"write/Heading"="true"
"write/Meta/Data"="true"
"write/Name"="true"
"write/Speed"="true"
"write/Temperature"="true"
"write/Time"="true"
"write/Trip"="false"
--
Christian
(14.03.2020, 14:25)routeconverter Wrote: There are a hidden options to avoid writing aspects of GPX waypoints:

Quote:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\slash\navigation\gpx]
"write/Accuracy"="true"
"write/Elevation"="true"
"write/Extensions"="true"
"write/Heading"="true"
"write/Meta/Data"="true"
"write/Name"="true"
"write/Speed"="true"
"write/Temperature"="true"
"write/Time"="true"
"write/Trip"="false"
Hi Christian and thank you for your help. Does it mean that I can play with these preferences and change "true" by "false" in some of them ? And how ? Your answer seems to be for Windows users and I don't know what file I have to open in MacOS : plist ?
(14.03.2020, 13:16)kumo Wrote: Hi,

here it works as designed:

I set three points while keeping [CTRL] button pressed and setting points on the map with left mouse button.
Then I changed the setting for the next three points. And so on. The result is shown in the screenshot above.

Keep in mind that this function takes effect when a new position is set but NOT when a file is saved.

Edit: And here the same in a area where geocoding is possible (above example was at island of Spitsbergen)
Sorry but I work on MacOS and I am afraid not to understand the trick your are trying to explain.
(14.03.2020, 17:17)Zadig Wrote:
(14.03.2020, 13:16)kumo Wrote: I set three points while keeping [CTRL] button pressed and setting points on the map with left mouse button.
Sorry but I work on MacOS and I am afraid not to understand the trick your are trying to explain.
Hello,
Finally I understood how to do what you explained on MacOS. But, but if it is possible not to display the name or description on the screen, it changes nothing regarding the saved file. Best.
That's why I wrote
Quote:Keep in mind that this function takes effect when a new position is set but NOT when a file is saved.
--
Matthias
(14.03.2020, 16:58)Zadig Wrote: Hi Christian and thank you for your help. Does it mean that I can play with these preferences and change "true" by "false" in some of them ? And how ? Your answer seems to be for Windows users and I don't know what file I have to open in MacOS : plist ?

There is an FAQ for this: https://www.routeconverter.com/faq/exper...options/en
--
Christian