... the user friendly GPS tool

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RouteConverter and Mac OS X
(20.11.2010, 21:45)hvdwolf Wrote: Your digital signature simply has expired on 23 January 2010.

Uups, I've uploaded a new version on the 23rd of September but referred to an old keystore with an old certificate. Now I've uploaded a new version with the (self-signed) certificate from September.

(20.11.2010, 21:45)hvdwolf Wrote: What I meant is that your applet checks the java version via the browser, not via the OS.

AFAIK it's simply impossible to check the Java version from the browser...

(20.11.2010, 21:45)hvdwolf Wrote: A jar that would run on the OS would probably give the correct result like you created some time ago when I asked to be able to check java version for the application.

... I'd better remote the applet from the download page. It's annoying users and me with it's wrong information. And Java 6 is so widespread these days that the applets main purpose to get people to use Java 6 has vanished - I'm not even offering Java 5 downloads anymore.
--
Christian
(20.11.2010, 22:38)routeconverter Wrote:
(20.11.2010, 21:45)hvdwolf Wrote: What I meant is that your applet checks the java version via the browser, not via the OS.

AFAIK it's simply impossible to check the Java version from the browser...
Maybe my conclusion was incorrect. However, my firefox browser is 32bits and uses the 32bit java, my Safari is 64bits and uses the 64bit java.
When running the routeconverter.jar from the command line I can only use the 64bit version.
Somehow there must be a distinction between the browser and the rest of the OS, and maybe only on OSX.