... the user friendly GPS tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waypoint labels
I will find it very useful if the waypoint labels can be displayed next to the wp pin when on route display.

I know the label can be shown when mouse hover over it but i wonder if its possible to have a choice of a permanent on. It will be useful when printing the route.

In brief to display the text the same way shown when on "waypoint list" - ie a combination of "Route" and " Waypoint List"

I hope this function is already there and haven't noticed it   Smile
(01.05.2017, 17:11)Stav Wrote: I will find it very useful if the waypoint labels can be displayed next to the wp pin when on route display.

I've so far been hesitant to implement this since it clutters the map with labels and since the Google Maps API in combination with the Internet Explorer could handle hundreds of labels efficiently.

(01.05.2017, 17:11)Stav Wrote: In brief to display the text the same way shown when on "waypoint list" - ie a combination of "Route" and " Waypoint List"

I hope this function is already there and haven't noticed it   Smile

No, it's not there. And with the waypoint list you can experience the problems I've described above: I had to significantly reduce the maximum number of displayed waypoints from 500 to 50.
--
Christian
Christian - I can see and understand your point of too much info on the map - it could be very annoying.  I am looking for an additional option under the Type dropdown such as "Route + Waypoint List" and I would be extremely happy to be only enabled when less than 50 waypoints are used. 

I dont think it would clutter the map too much, just the actual route with the waypoint list.
Please reconsider  Smile
I'm here because I was looking for a reason that the 'Show description for waypoints' option was disabled.

I had a particular need for this as I was about to head out and investigate options for an upcoming hike, and my wife really does better with old tech (paper), so the labels would have been extremely useful.

Personally, I'd prefer it to be an option under the View menu.
The reason is that I did not implement it for the Open Source Edition
--
Christian