... the user friendly GPS tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tracks disapearing spontaneously
For several years I'm designing my own tracks with the help of Routeconverter (and with great pleasure). 
Today I had a very very annoying experience. It happened twice, and on two different computers (W10 and W8.1).
All of a sudden, during design of a new track, it disappears from the screen. Exploring the file, it  was  down to 1kb. Which means: zero waypoints left.
This was the case for the most recently saved file, but also for the previously saved versions of the same track. 
Does somebody have the same experience? And is there a possible cause (and solution)?
(13.04.2018, 21:24)janwalker Wrote: Does somebody have the same experience? And is there a possible cause (and solution)?

It seems very likely that you have the same problems that other users have with Java 8 Update 161. See https://forum.routeconverter.com/thread-2474.html for details and a solution.
--
Christian
It worked: re-installing the old 152 Java. At first (out of habit) I installed the runtime environment RE152, but that didn't change a thing. I really hade to install the DevelopmenKit DK152. I then tested ('tortured') RouteConverter, and all was fine and stable again. Tnx!