... the user friendly GPS tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map not showing
Since Google changed their policy regarding the usage of GoogleMaps I use the offline version of RouteConverter. This version works with the OpenStreetMap default map. This was always without problems. The last time I used it successfully was 2 Jan. Since a couple of days however, I cannot see the map anymore. When I open a recorded track I only see the track, but no map, as you can see in the attached screenshot. I didn't change anything. How is this possible and what can I do to correct this?

(11.01.2020, 20:16)kaupanger Wrote: How is this possible and what can I do to correct this?

Did you try the other maps?
--
Christian
When I select a downloaded map then it is displayed. But the only online map listed (the OpenStreetMap Default Map Online) doesn't show up. And that's the one I always used before.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12.01.2020, 13:32)kaupanger Wrote: When I select a downloaded map then it is displayed. But the only online map listed (the OpenStreetMap Default Map Online) doesn't show up. And that's the one I always used before.
I have the same problem now; I have used the Route Converter Offline Edition 2.24.1 from July28 2018 without any problems until now. I now have no map and am unable to load the only one listed.Please advise me how to proceed.
clisco (UK)
(15.01.2020, 17:29)clisco Wrote: I have the same problem now; I have used the Route Converter Offline Edition 2.24.1 from July28 2018 without any problems until now.

Please update RouteConverter, the current version is 2.27. There have been quite a lot of bug fixes and changes, some due to changes the map providers made.
Grüße
Hans

(12.01.2020, 13:32)kaupanger Wrote: When I select a downloaded map then it is displayed. But the only online map listed (the OpenStreetMap Default Map Online) doesn't show up.

It's strange: there should be a lot of more maps listed. This means, something on your machine prevents RouteConverter from downloading the tileserver meta data for the other maps. You could investigate and provide more information. After updating to the latest release 2.27  Big Grin

Then: the OpenStreetMap Default Map for me has a pretty low service quality. It's very slow and sometimes it fails to deliver entire tiles. I cannot do anything about it other than recommending a different map. Which means for you: focus to solve the first problem on your machine.
--
Christian
I used the Offline edition 2.24.1 after the change of the GoogleMaps licence agreement, because I didn't have a valid key. Now I installed v2.27 and here I indeed have a lot of extra online maps, including Google. So my problem is solved now.  Smile
(18.01.2020, 17:50)kaupanger Wrote: I used the Offline edition 2.24.1 after the change of the GoogleMaps licence agreement, because I didn't have a valid key. Now I installed v2.27 and here I indeed have a lot of extra online maps, including Google. So my problem is solved now.  Smile

Note that Offline Edition routing engine and e.g. elevation data are NOT from Google.
--
Matthias