... the user friendly GPS tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
conversion from .kml to .pln or .flt files
I found an hour to code a bit. Please try the latest prerelease and report how it works.
--
Christian
Hi Christian, thank you very much for your support. I understand that you are very busy, family, work etc. and I very appreciate your support. I am able to make a donation for your support and let me know how to do it. Christian, you wrote about the latest prelease, but I don´t know where I can find it. Thank you, Best, Jaro
Hi Christian, sorry I found it . I am just testing and let you know. .. Thanks.
Hi Christian,

When  I convert .kml to .pln in your prerelease version I received the following message on the screen (enclosed ) . The .pln file is created, but is empty (0 KB) . Best, Jaro

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Please send me the log file or use Help/Send Error Report... and it always helps if you send me the file and tell me what you've done
--
Christian
Hi Christian, I want to send you the error report, but my credentials from RouteConverter forum does not work. Enclosed I am sending you the generated .pln file. The process of the conversion is the following:   File - Open file ( I open .kml file ......)  - Positionlist- Export to a file - .pln file selected. In this moment I received the information on the screen as I sent to you, but the .pln file enclosed is generated. If I can log in to send you the error report, I will send it  to you, but my credentials does not work, I don´t know why.  Should I create new account?  Best regards, Jaro

Attached Files
.zip   Barbados - Grand Case - Punta Cana.zip (Size: 174 bytes / Downloads: 107)
(29.03.2021, 10:28)Jaro Wrote: Hi Christian, I want to send you the error report, but my credentials from RouteConverter forum does not work.

That's correct. The credentials for the RouteConverter server hosting the catalog and the error stuff are different.

(29.03.2021, 10:28)Jaro Wrote: Enclosed I am sending you the generated .pln file.

That doesn't help. It was empty.

(29.03.2021, 10:28)Jaro Wrote: The process of the conversion is the following:   File - Open file ( I open .kml file ......)  - Positionlist- Export to a file - .pln file selected.

The kml would be helpful or the exception that happened on your machine.
--
Christian
Hi Christian, 

I sent you through your system the error report  plus the original of .kml file. 

Best

Jaro
Quote:Mar 28, 2021 6:54:32 PM slash.navigation.converter.gui.panels.ConvertPanel saveFiles
SEVERE: Error saving C:\Users\jarol\Documents\Barbados.pln in slash.navigation.msfs.MSFSFlightPlanFormat@54553cb5: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot format given Object as a Number, java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot format given Object as a Number
at java.text.DecimalFormat.format(Unknown Source)
at java.text.Format.format(Unknown Source)
at slash.navigation.msfs.MSFSFlightPlanFormat.formatElevation(MSFSFlightPlanFormat.java:130)
at slash.navigation.msfs.MSFSFlightPlanFormat.createSimBaseDocument(MSFSFlightPlanFormat.java:168)

was the magic part of the log that I was searching for.

So your input file has no elevation information and now I'm using 0.0 when writing the flight plan file now. Please test the latest prerelease I've just uploaded.
--
Christian
Hi Christian,

The conversion from .klm to pln. is fine, but when I am trying to upload it to MSFS2020 ( click on the Upload button) , the MSFS always crashed. I don´t know why. Best, Jaro