... the user friendly GPS tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error converting KML file to IGC file
I have an iphone app that records my track while flying my Powered Paraglider in a KML file.  I drag and drop that file into RouteConverter and I can see it on the map and I have two items in the position list pulldown (one just has 2 points of start and stop, while the other has all of the positions long the track I flew).  I want to convert it to an IGC file with all of the points along the track I flew.  When I "save as" or "export" it as an IGC file, I get error (attached screenshot) and the created file is zero bites.  Any ideas on how to get this conversation to work?  BTW, I'm using a mac with RouteConverter 2.24.1     

Thanks, Scott

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02.12.2018, 00:56)navyav8er Wrote: I have an iphone app that records my track while flying my Powered Paraglider in a KML file.  I drag and drop that file into RouteConverter and I can see it on the map and I have two items in the position list pulldown (one just has 2 points of start and stop, while the other has all of the positions long the track I flew).  I want to convert it to an IGC file with all of the points along the track I flew.  When I "save as" or "export" it as an IGC file, I get error (attached screenshot) and the created file is zero bites.  Any ideas on how to get this conversation to work?  BTW, I'm using a mac with RouteConverter 2.24.1     

Thanks, Scott

Hi Scott,

neither do I have a MAC nor do I use RC 2.24 (I'm using the 2.25 prerelease), but this worked for me on a Windows machine:

- Select the position list with the track from the pulldown list.
- Go to Menu -> Position List -> Export To File -> select FAI/IGC Flight Recorder Data (*.igc) and choose a filename.
Grüße
Hans

(02.12.2018, 00:56)navyav8er Wrote:  When I "save as" or "export" it as an IGC file, I get error (attached screenshot) and the created file is zero bites.  Any ideas on how to get this conversation to work?  

Dear Scott,

please send me the file to the email given in the FAQ and I'll have a look at it on my Mac.
--
Christian